Extended Day Programming for Working Families
- After School Care is held in room 132 (located by the office) from 3:15 to 5:30 PM.
- Children age 3 through 12 are eligible to attend After School Care.
- Your Child’s classroom teacher will escort them to room 132 at 3:15 and Mrs. Lucarelli will sign them in.
- The cost for enrollment is $17.00 for each student. This is a flat rate for any portion of the 3:15 to 5:30 program time: there is no hourly rate. However, there is a “Grace Period” of 15 minutes from 3:15-3:30 for which there will not be a fee if your child is picked up by 3:30. At 3:30 Mrs. Lucarelli will enter attendance into the computer for billing purposes. Parents will receive an invoice for After School Care fees. Parents of students not picked up by 5:30 will be charged a late fee of $2.00 per minute.
- After School Care will not be provided on noon release days or days that the school is closed. (See school calendar)
- Your child may attend After School Care on a daily basis, or only as needed as many or as few days as necessary. If your child does not attend daily, please email Mrs. Lucarelli the day that you need to use the program to let her know your child will be attending.
- When you arrive to sign your child out of After School Care, please call or text 303-918-4398 to be admitted to the building. Each student will need to be signed out of Care by the adult picking them up. Also, if you are delayed and realize that you will not be able to pick your child up by 5:30, please let Mrs. Lucarelli know through call or text at the above number so that she can reassure your child that you are on the way. The $2.00 per minute late pickup fee will begin to accrue at 5:30.
- Snacks: Goldfish Crackers & Animal Crackers will be offered as a snack during After School Care. If your child has an allergy, is on a gluten-free diet, or would rather not eat crackers, please send a snack for them to have during After School Care.
- Outdoor Activities: Students will have outdoor time during After School Care every day that weather permits. If we cannot go outdoors due to weather, gym time will be provided if the gym is available.
- Homework: If your child has homework assigned by their classroom teacher, they will have an opportunity to work on it during After School Care.
- Activities: During After School Care your child may participate in a variety of activities that may include Board Games, Legos, Gym time, Outdoor Time, Puzzles, Self-Directed Art projects, Play-dough, and playing in Learning Centers in the classroom.
- Individual Electronic Toys/Devices: Your child may bring an individual electronic device (Kindle, etc) to use during After School Care at the teacher’s discretion. Electronic games must be rated for all age groups and screen time will be limited to 30 minutes per day of After School Care after Homework is completed.