Welcome to Grades Kindergarten - 5th
LCS offers nurturing, academically-rigorous, Christian-based elementary education for children from kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Maximum student to teacher ratio Kindergarten through 5th grade classes: 22:1.
- The first bell is at 8:00 AM. Students are tardy at 8:15 AM.
- Early arrival: Supervision will be provided in the Cafeteria from 7:15 AM. for students who must arrive early.
- Students dismiss at 3:00 PM.
- An extended day program is offered to students enrolled in LCS's elementary grades. An additional fee applies for this service. Students may stay from the dismissal time until 5:30 PM. Learn more about this service here.
- Longmont Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Students in grades kindergarten through five participate in language arts (phonics based reading, spelling, language and creative writing) daily along with Bible, math, social studies, and science. A variety of publishers are utilized for our students including Abeka, Summit Ministries, Saxon and Scott Foresman. The administration and faculty strive to provide the best academic curriculum to the students of LCS.
- Students in grades 3 - 5 participate in academic events sponsored by ACSI such as Math Olympics and Spelling Bee.
- Students in grades 1-5 take the Terra Nova Achievement Test annually.
- All students attend chapel in the library once a week led by Mr. Stoecker.
Arts, P.E., and Technology:
- All students participate in music, art, computers and physical education. Students begin band and computer keyboarding in 4th grade.