Welcome to Longmont Christian School, where we are committed to excellence in academics, service and biblical truth. We know that education is not about academics alone, which is why we are committed to educating the whole child: mind, spirit, and body. Each school year is a wonderful opportunity for students to excel, grow, and thrive in all their God-given talents and abilities. LCS is an exciting place full of students who love to learn and educators who are passionate about their role as teachers and mentors.
A Christ-centered curriculum provides multiple enrichment opportunities, producing well-rounded, engaged, and accomplished students. Science and computer labs, music, art, and PE classes allow LCS students to engage with a program that is rigorous, supportive, and appropriately interactive. All students have access to technology tools to enhance their academic experience. From the kindergarten classroom to the dual-credit Anatomy and Physiology classroom, strong, well-prepared, and caring teachers work with students, providing support and help as needed. Our faculty guides, encourages and leads students during their learning journey and are proud to provide a family-centered, nurturing environment enabling our students to thrive. Community service programs, field trips, mentoring groups and extracurricular activities allow students to try new things and explore various interests. Students at LCS have many opportunities to stretch, grow, and flourish, while surrounded by the love of Christ lived out daily by our faculty and staff.
We’re so glad you are part of our community. Our families are what make Longmont Christian truly special.
- Longmont Christian School primarily uses the Abeka curriculum, which is comprehensive in phonics, reading-readiness skills, letter and number recognition. We have a Bible class every day, Bible memorization weekly, and a chapel service led by Mr. Stoecker.
- Abeka materials have been developed as a result of 50 years of actual classroom experience in the Pensacola Christian Academy, one of America’s largest and most respected Christian day schools. Their publications are built upon the firm foundation of scriptural truth and are written by dedicated and talented Christian scholars who are well grounded in the practical aspects of classroom teaching.
- Classes may include music, art, physical education and computers.
- Pre-K 3 students learn their numbers: 1 - 10, study phonics through a Letter of the Week, and practice handwriting with upper case letter formation.
- Pre-K 4 students learn their numbers 1 - 20, study phonics with reading groups, and practice handwriting with all letters and in writing their first and last name.
- Longmont Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Students in grades kindergarten through five participate in language arts (phonics based reading, spelling, language and creative writing) daily along with Bible, math, social studies, and science. A variety of publishers are utilized for our students including Abeka, Summit Ministries, Saxon and Scott Foresman. The administration and faculty strive to provide the best academic curriculum to the students of LCS.
- Students in grades 3 - 5 participate in academic events sponsored by ACSI such as Math Olympics and Spelling Bee.
- Students in grades 1 - 5 take the Terra Nova Achievement Test annually.
Middle School Curriculum:
- LCS's middle school program is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- A variety of publishers are utilized for our students including Bob Jones, Saxon and others. The administration and faculty strive to provide the best academic curriculum to the students of LCS. All students have Bible as a class each day.
- Students in grades 6-8 participate in academic events sponsored by ACSI such as Math Olympics and Spelling Bee.
- Middle school students also take the Terra Nova Achievement Test annually.
High School Curriculum:
- Longmont Christian's High School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Accreditation through ACSI is recognized nationally and internationally.
- In the classrooms a variety of publishers are utilized for our high school students including Bob Jones, Saxon, Bittenger, Miller Levine and others. The administration and faculty strive to provide the best academic curriculum to the students of LCS.
- All high school students participate in a daily Bible class.
- Freshman through junior students take the PSAT annually. Junior and senior students take the SAT test. Learn more about standardized testing support at LCS.
- Learn more about academics at LCS.
- Longmont Christian School offers a wide variety of classes. Browse the high school course catalog:
High School CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT:
Junior and Senior students may take dual credit classes through Colorado Christian University (CCU). Courses currently offered are College Algebra, College Anatomy and Physiology, College Calculus, and College Physics. Learn more.